Sunday 1 December 2013

I'm so excited!!

Woooooohoooooo!! I'm sooooo excited.....and I just can't hide it! I'm about to lose control and I think I like it tra la la la!! Hope you're singing along?! It's a cross between blogging and karaoke.....blokey maybe?!! Hmmmmm......

Anyway, you may be wondering what the cause of this jovial start to my weekly blog update is?! You might remember I left you on a little cliff hanger last week regarding the Terry's Chocolate Orange Ice Creams!! It was almost worthy of the famous Eastenders "Doof Doof Doof's" at the end of each episode....ok well maybe not BUT good news fellow GF people they are A-MAZ-ING!!!!! Why oh why can't the real choc orange not be made in the same factory therefore (presumably?) getting rid of the need for the"May Contain" label that appears on them at the mo! 


Ahhhhhh they are really lovely. Just chocolate orangey enough and very close to the actual chocolates. Definitely a suitable substitute if not a little chilly to be indulging in at is time of year! The box states they are a limited edition but here's hoping they catch on and decide to make them permanent. I'll certainly be panic buying until then just so I can have my fix! Thank goodness I have two freezers! Also, I don't need to keep longingly sniffing my choc orange Carex hand wash now.....although it did fill a gap for a while! 

So, last Sunday saw Dale take to the kitchen to cook for a church social. Always up for a Masterchef style challenge he decided to make the whole meal GF. We only let everyone in on the secret once they had finished! Mwahahahahahaha! A cunning plan eh?! Did anyone notice?!? Did they heck! Fab! Mission accomplished! Well done Dale!

Chicken and Broccoli bake (Dove's Farm Plain flour used in the cheese sauce) for main



Clearly went down well.....


Followed by jam sponge and custard (Dove's Farm Self Raising flour in sponge. Sainsbury's own low fat custard.....cos now I'm counting the calories?!)


Everyone went home full, happy and Gluten Free! Dale's already working on his next menu....must be a glutton for punishment lol!

Maybe he'll get some ideas from GFree Radio! If you haven't tuned in to any of their shows yet...what are you waiting for?! http://www.gfreeradio.com/ sooooo worth a look! Really informative and keeps you up to date with all things GF.

Well, I'm just settling down and warming up with a cup of Options White Hot Chocolate (need warming up after all that ice cream!!)........



.....and mentally preparing myself for a week of dressing 20 children in various Christmas Nativity costumes for MANY performances!!!? I'm sure there will be treats a plenty this week to get through the madness! Wish me luck! See you next week......altogether now "Away in a Manger....." X







No comments:

Post a Comment