Sunday 29 December 2013

Christmas Snaps

Soooooo are you all stuffed? Full of GF goodies? I know I certainly am....I hope you all had a great Christmas! The eating started waaaay before Christmas Day and continues while I write as I just reached for the box of Cadbury's Heroes oooops!

Christmas dinner is a predictable thing to blog about. I figure there is not much to say. There is a winning formula to GF Christmas dinner which is

Turkey + veg + roasties + Black Farmer sausages + Mrs Crimbles stuffing + Bisto Best Gravy = perfect GF Christmas dinner!!! Thanks Mum! 

So for this weeks post I present to you my Christmas photo album.....a whistle stop tour of GF Christmas in the Price / Freeman households! Sit back and enjoy the festive snaps (possibly with a Hero or two?!)

Fancy Festive Chocs all given the GF seal of approval!


Chocolate Reindeer from Hotel Chocolat


Chocolate Tree from Charbonnel et Walker


Jamie Oliver's white choc and banoffee choc.

I also received a Throntons Gruffalo but he didn't last long enough to have his picture taken! All the above delicious and "normal" chocolate too!

Boxing Day



 
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOOOOU Marks and Spencer for your amazing party food that just happens to be Gluten Free! Wow! It tasted great and was enjoyed by everyone! Hopefully other supermarkets / brands can learn from M&S......gluten free food doesn't have to be different to everyone else's food! With a little thought great tasting, good quality food can be naturally gluten free! Hip hip hoooraaaay for Marks! 


Chocolate log, made by Dale (obviously!!!). Dove's Farm Self Raising Flour, Sainsburys cocoa and Tesco Value Dark Chocolate.....another successful food formula!! (Maths would have been far more interesting at school if taught like this lol!)


Food Heaven cheesecake in summer fruits flavour. I'm a newbie to the Food Heaven range but I can't wait to try more! This cheesecake was so light it slipped down nicely after tucking into all of the above! Apparently they are Dairy Free too. I found this cheesecake hiding with all the regular ones in the freezer section of Sainsburys...I was happy to rescue it! 

Leftovers


Fabulous leftovers / cheeseboard combo! Mrs Crimbles cheese crackers with Sainsburys Taste the Difference Fig Chutney (figs + tomatoes = 2 of my 5 a day right?! Ok, maybe not!!)

Sales Shopping

Oh yes, Dale and I arrived at Westfield Stratford bright and early on Boxing Day morning! Sadly, no bargains were to be had. However, I did have my trusty bag of snacks with me and happily tucked into my Udi's Strawberry breakfast bar to keep me elbowing my way through the crowds with vigour!



Great! If any of you out there used to be fans of the Nutri Grain bars these are just like them! Really filling too so kept me going till ...well.....till the next snack break!

I received a really exciting present just before Christmas.....


.....an Udi's hamper! How exciting!! I cracked open the cinnamon and sugar bagel chips straight away.

 
These are great but should come with a warning......scarily moreish!!!! Makes a nice change to have something crispy but sweet. A great little box of treats which will be making a reappearce in our "nibbles" bowls when our friends come round this week...they'll never know they are GF! (Unless they are reading!!)

Finally, after all this eating (ok, well no more than normal for me .... but anyway...) I thought I'd share a little treat I found online. I know I normally blog about food but you can't eat as much as I do without having to do a little something to burn it off! I go through phases of going to the gym, using the Wii, doing fitness DVDs but during the summer I subscribed to https://www.gymcube.com It has a bank of all kinds of fitness classes for you to do in the comfort of your own home, it's fab! It costs about six quid a month and I think you can have a free trial at the mo! Definitely worth a look...working out at home definitely has it's advantages...warm....dry..cheap....near the kitchen for post work out snacks......oh well! ;0)

Have a great new year everyone! X











No comments:

Post a Comment