Sunday 24 November 2013

A Little of What You Fancy!

As regular readers of my blog will know I'm not adverse to a calorie or two! I'm a big believer in "a little of what you fancy does you good". That combined with the age old Liz Price philosophy of "never add it up" (used here in relation to calories but also works well on shopping sprees!) equals a cupboard full of sweet treats. Below is a whistle top tour of my more recent discoveries and I would like to take a mo to point out that I have been steadily sampling over the last few months and have not madly gorged myself in the last week (honestly!!). So, as I wipe the crumbs off my chin, here we go....

I was pleased to see the launch of the Sainsbury's Freefrom Festive range the other week. Not a huge fan of mince pies, Christmas cake /pud so if you're after a review of these you've come to the wrong place! However, I though the gingerbread man (are we still allowed to call them that now?!) was great, quite a fiery ginger! Very warming on these cold nights! No photo...I lost it in the world of cyber space. Nevertheless, I'm sure you are all pretty familiar with how a gingerbread man looks yeah?! I did take this one though


Orange and Cranberry muffin also in the Freefrom range. Wasn't sure about the taste to start with but actually I warmed to it. Certainly felt very Christmassy and as they come in a pack of 2 I'll be happy to continue my research further with the second! Really looking forward to trying out the mini Chocolate logs but that's for another week!

These are quite a nice little find


Don't be fooled by the flavour, it is definitely GF, it is stated clearly on the side. They do several other flavours including Strawberry and Banana but this one definitely appeals to my sweet tooth! I'm sure this is what the dietician meant when we talked about increasing my calcium intake!! ;0)

Perkier are the kings and queens of all things GF and breakfasty. They have recently branched out into Tiffin and Rocky Road! What a dangerous discovery this was!!! 


Wow!!! I challenge anyone not to polish off the lot in one sitting! In no way should these be restricted to people with a gluten free diet.....they will most definitely be enjoyed my gluten eaters too! Although....thinking about it.....I reckon we should keep it our little secret..... It's not often something as fab as this comes our way! I'm not sure we should share?! ;0)

I finally got to sample my first Pudology pudding! In my quest to replace the Terry's Chocolate Orange shaped gap in my life....the choc orange flavour was a natural choice! (Thanks Mum for thinking of me!)   Me being me thought they looked a little on the small side but how wrong could I be?! These are super rich and super sickly! Definitely only for treats and even gave my infamous sweet tooth a run for its money! This is by no means a negative, I thoroughly enjoyed and can't wait to try the other flavours. Thank goodness for Dad who rose to the challenge and happily finished off the second pot.....enjoyed by Coeliacs and Non Coeliacs alike!



I can hardly contain my excitement.....I've saved this till the end and I'm BURSTING to tell you!!! I nearly   Whooped out loud in the aisles of Sainsburys yesterday. Look what I found.....on offer!!!.......


WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!! No mention of a "may contain traces of wheat or gluten"!!! Can it be true?! Something to fill the Terry's shaped gap in my life....... Could it come in the form of Terry's ice cream?? Darn skippy it could!!!! So I'm leaving you on a cliffhanger.....I haven't actually sampled yet! It might nearly be December but I'm wrapping up warm, putting my onesie on and heading off for an ice cream, I'll let you know the verdict next week. Meanwhile, if you could avoid bulk buying I'd really appreciate it......make sure you leave me some...remember they're not Terry's THEY'RE MINE!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment