Sunday 24 August 2014

Oh 'eck!

Eeeee by gum and 'ecky thump I've had a reeeet bobby dazzler of a week tryin' out some more of me goodies from t'allergy show! Ok, ok enough of the fake Yorkshire accent, I give up.... my Bradford born mother will dis own me if I carry on BUT I just couldn't help myself when my first GF delight of the week goes to Heck sausages (http://heckfood.co.uk/sausages/).... Pin back your lug 'oles cos there's nowt wrong with these little beauties.....oh Heck, I can't stop!!


I bought some regular pork sausages as well as these smoky chorizo style and put them straight in the freezer to be enjoyed another day! Dale being Dale he decided that these were too good to go to bangers and mash soooo he popped them straight out of their skins and rustled up this...


Wow, it was delicious! I have to give Dale a bit of credit for the deliciousness but Heck have to have a large sausage sized chuck of the praise too! (Glutafin pasta by the way!) Great, tasty, GF sausages....can't wait for "Heck round 2" tomorrow when we will be trialling the traditional pork sausages in my fave...toad in the whole! Mmmmmm!

I was over the moon to receive a little box of Udi's (http://udisglutenfree.co.uk) goodies in the post this week! Surprise GF foodie gifts are always the best! I said the other week that I was thrilled to see Udi's expanding their range here in the UK and really enjoyed the Blueberry muffins I bought at the Tesco Lifestyle  Food  Fair. However, I am also partial to a good bagel, so couldn't wait to try the new seeded bagels that arrived on my doorstep this week!


Toasted seeded bagel with cheese and pickle.....ahhhh! Ok, I know there has been discussion on Twitter recently about the nutrional values of GF bread but  at 254 kcal per bagel, 1.0g of saturated fat and 2.9g of carbs which are sugars, I am happy to indulge in a little bagel happiness from time to time! I can't wait to try my other Udi's goodies and will let you know how I get on in future posts!

I am fast approaching my one year blogiversary and as I approach being 1 year old I have decided that nothing pleases me more that people / companies / brands who are openly and honestly gluten free (or any other "free from"!) It takes guts to make a stand and it takes confidence in your ability to produce good quality food that may be "free from" but you are not ashamed of! These small businesses and gutsy people need a big GF pat on the back cos it makes my life and other "free from" peoples lives a whole lot easier. So, with no more rambling I would like to say hip hip hooray to Floris Foods


No need to question what they do....there it is......GF and proud! All their items are GF, no cross contamination worries amd no worries about artificial tasting food because all their baked goods are delicious....you would never know they were GF and some items as even vegan too! I blogged about Floris' doughnuts a few moths ago.....they were ah-maze-ing! So, when Dale and I went to Broadway Market at London Fields yesterday, I was keen to see what else I could try! So for lunch, I had a spinach and feta slice.....


...followed by a cupcake...


...which really did taste as good as it looked! I also couldn't help buying a baguette....what a novelty!!


The baguette was later used for dinner! Dale waved his magic wand and voila!


Goats cheese (also bought from the market), bruschettary salady thingy! I will be returning to Floris Food very soon!

I also got to experience the marshmallow delights from The London Marshmallow Company (http://www.londonmarshmallows.co.uk) how pretty is this?!


I honestly thought it was another posh soap stall! How wrong was I?! And how excited was I when I realised I could eat it!! Wowza! It was soooo good! Zingy lemon mixed with fruity blueberry! If you thought marshmallows were those awful pink flumpy things things, think again amd head down to Broadway Market to sample these beauties!

Well, that's me done for this week! Here's to another week of glorious GF eating! Have a good one everyone x (@lizprice79)









2 comments:

  1. Damn...this post has made me REALLY hungry!! That baguette looked incredible - I don't think I've seen a gluten free baguette that looks that good before now! I have a terrible feeling I may never get to this market (I'm aaaalllll the way down in Dorset) but if I ever get the chance I'm going to have to drag my (poor) husband there to have a look around! Oh, and agree about the Udi bagels. Have you tried the sundried tomato ones yet?? AMAZING with goat cheese!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, thanks! Unfortunately, it highlights just how much I eat!! The baguette was amazing and just as good as it looked! What a shame you are so far away, definitely worth a visit if you are ever in the London area. No, I haven't tried the sundried tomato bagels but I will definitely be looking out for them! Thanks for the tip!!

    ReplyDelete