Sunday 22 June 2014

Jumping on the Bandwagon!

Something I have learned about myself since starting on my GF adventure is that I don't like to be left out! If there is a new GF item, restaurant or menu around I've gotta be there.....jumping right on the GF bandwagon! Bearing that in mind, you will understand my need to go along and sample the new GF TGI Friday's menu! TGI's sent a blanket Tweet in the week announcing news of the new menu and being the advertisers dream that I am, I was booking my table before you could say "GF Sucker"!

The menu looked good. Dairy Free on one side, Gluten Free on the other....don't get them muddled up or else you'll be in a whole heap of trouble!


I ordered the chicken burger purely to try the bun. I even went all out and ordered the fries even though I have weired issues with potatoes! (Perfect opportunity to see if I can tolerate frozen potato again). 


All in all pretty impressed! The burger bun held together really well. It had a strangely springy consistency  but it wasn't unpleasant. I'm not sure that it would have been great on its own but as it wasn't meant to be eaten on its own I guess that's not a prob! Definitely fit for purpose! (Oh, and for anyone following the potato saga, I still had stomach ache PAH!) 

Comtinuning with the new Ilumi dinners I gave the Coq au Vin a try this week


I think it's safe to say I have a new favourite! Delicious and sooooo filling! I was stuffed *mental note less rice next time! Ilumi suggested I might want to "Dale Proof" my Ilumi cupboard by putting a lock on the door! As tempting as that suggestion was I have decided to play fair and share! Dale is happy taking his meals to work and I'm happy cos the quicker I get through my stash the quicker I can re order and make the most of the latest special offer! Mwah ha ha ha.....cunning plan laugh!!

Also, bigging  Ilumi up for one more time this week (are you feeling the luuuurve?!) we gave the Sweet Soy and Ginger stir fry sauce a whirl in a pork stir fry! 


They sauce was tangy with a little warmth behind it but not overpowering! Another score for Ilumi! It was made even more delicious by Blue Dragon prawn crackers!!



Well, it's quite comfy on that GF bandwagon of mine. Good job cos I'm jumping on again with M&S GF crumpets! Ahhhhh crumpets, something so soothing about them right!? Well before you look at the photo I have to confess something....I'm a Dairylea fan!! Ok, I've said it, prepare for photo of overloaded crumpets....


Mmmmmmmm! I was one very happy crumpet eater! Good texture with a bit of bite....necessary in a crumpet I feel! The only thing I kinda missed was the oooooozing into the crumpet! If my memory serves me right I'm sure chosen crumpet topping used to melt and ooooze down into the holes, deepinside  the crumpet. There were no holes deep inside and very little oooozing....


But that said, I would definitely buy again! Well done M&S, you rock!

In a bid to support my World Cup Sweep Stake Team I decided to opt for Colombian Empanadas for my lunch at Camden Market yesterday. Colombia......I hope you appreciate my support!! Maize Blaze (@maizeblaze) I certainly appreciated my chicken empanada


I also appreciated the clear signage on your stall stating everything is Gluten Free! Go Colombia!!!! My empanada was great and I loved the plantain crisps!

Did someone say Camden Market?! You can't go to Camden without visiting Cookies and Scream...it'd just be rude not to!!


If you don't know what I'm talking about you haven't lived!! Get yourself down there right now! Vegan and GF cookies, cakes, doughnuts, milkshakes and ice creams!! It doesn't get much better, In fact I'm not sure why I'm not still there now! Look how happy I look....


Yep, ice cream sandwich wth 2 choc chip cookies!! Oh my! Did I feel sick after.... Did I ever! Was it worth it?! Yes, oh yes!! It tasted every bit as dreamy as it looks. The only problem is looking at his pic is making me want another! It is doubly good as it is right opposite Honest Burgers (also great for GF). So while I was munching through my ice cream Dale was drooling at the open kitchen as they prepped the lunchtime burgers! Kept him quiet lol!

Well, from the lofty heights of the GF bandwagon I wish you a happy week! X (lizprice79)








No comments:

Post a Comment