Saturday 15 February 2014

Oodles of Noodles!

Wow, just a bit of weather wer're having at the moment eh?! I'm certainly not in a position to complain sitting in my warm, dry London flat watching the horrors of the elements battering the UK on the TV! However, I can't help thinking the warm, dry weather needs to hurry up!! As I listen to the wind and rain hammering against my window I have been snuggling up and making a serious dent in my hot chocolate collection!


Not stated as GF but all ingredients OK and there are no GF allergy warning on the labels. You can probably tell by my flavour choice I have a little sweet tooth! Might not be everyone's cup of tea (or chocolate?!) but they definitely brighten up the cold dreary weather for me! I make them in the microwave with milk....ahhhhhh very soothing! All good, all chocolatey but I can't really tell the difference between the fudge and caramel flavours! No worries though, still enjoyed! But...if you fancy a creamy little treat try heating one of these in the microwave


I love these cold but there is something a little bit naughty about having them warm! (I'm easily pleased yeah?!) Tip in a mug, blitz for a minute or so in the microwave and enjoy......no need to thank me!

Now, there has been much talk in the GF community about the launch of the new Genius Frozen Pastry. As always with these new little luxuries they are only launched in one supermarket.....one supermarket in the whole of the country it seems as no one (including myself) can track it down! Unfortunately, that started a whole "pastry craving" thing going on in my mind. I haven't eaten pastry for nearly 2 years, never really bothered with it in my gluten filled days anyway but all of a sudden I had to have the pastry!!! Well Genius' loss was DS gain! I could not locate the aforementioned frozen pastry but I did stumble upon DS frozen quiche!! Quiche!!!! Who'd have thought it! Quiche was a dim and distant memory so I rushed home, put the oven on and sampled straight away!


Doesn't look bad does it!? It didn't taste too bad either! I can't say I was blown away but it certainly scratched my pastry itch! As I'm not a huge pastry eater I cannot really compare with other pastry brands. I thought it cooked well, held together well with a little crumble (which I'm guessing is what you would expect), the only negative was that it was a little greasy. I felt it coated my teeth a bit as I ate it which was a sensation I didn't really enjoy! Nevertheless, there are 2 in a pack and I won't think twice about cracking the other one open the next time the pastry cravings start!

Before Christmas I was lucky enough to receive a little Gluten Free gift from the lovely people at King Soba noodles! I now have a collection of different GF noodles to try which is hugely exciting! King Soba are my preferred brand of GF noodle, the only problem is that I can't always locate them. However, I have often found them in health food shops and they are available online. This week I tried these


Dale whipped them up in a stir fry


I appreciate the Tamari sauce makes everything a rather dull brown colour but it actually tasted really good. The noodles almost reminded me of those packet super noodle things! They stuck together a little but were really enjoyable and were quite light to eat. Can't wait to wade my way through the other oodles of noodles from King Soba! 

Well if you heard some faint whoops of delight at about 4pm on Friday it was me, running out of the school gates cheering for half term!! Yey, Yey and a bit fat YEY again!! I'm off to Berlin tomorrow hence my slightly early blog post.I have a few fail safe GF treats stashed in my luggage and will definitely be taking these which I discovered last week


I enjoy the large rice cakes but didn't know Kallo did small flavoured ones! I was always a big Snack a Jack fan but cannot eat them now so these are perfect!! (Again, rather embarrassingly, I'm noting the sweet flavour!!)

can't wait to see what glutenfrei delights they have to offer in Berlin and will enjoy telling you all about them when I get back next week! 

 Have a great week everyone! X






No comments:

Post a Comment