Sunday 12 January 2014

A Whole New (Ilumi) World

As you all know, I do like a little sing song so please feel free to continue reading while humming the title of this weeks post! I like to add a little atmosphere!!

Soooooo I was thrilled to discover my favourite GF "ready meal" brand, the one and only Ilumi had launched a new dinner. Unable to wait, I made the most of their "two for a fiver" offer and quickly ordered the new Chicken Za'atar. I was unaware that only a day later I would be lucky enough to win a packet of the new dish anyway! However, it's a good job I stocked up because it's every bit as lovely as I had hoped!


Ok, I give you that it is not the prettiest dish of food you have ever seen in your life and that is largely due to my poor presentation skills! Let's face it, I'm never going to make Masterchef! However, looks aside, it tastes delicious and definitely lives up to the quality of the other dishes on their menu. Dale even came sniffing round wondering what I was eating muttering something about it smelling good! Don't be fooled though......I was all set to do my "ping ping" Tilda rice to accompany this until I noticed it states on the packet that it is a "complete meal"! There is brown rice disguised in the dish so adding my Tilda packet would have just paved the way to a full on bloatastic evening! No extra rice is needed! Well done Ilumi (http://www.ilumiworld.com) another great dish and I can't wait to see what you have in store for "New Meal Monday" this week! Woohoooo!

I have a little GF guilty pleasure that I would like to share with you all....nothing pleases me more than when a regular "gluten eater" gets a little delight out eating some of my "special needs" gluten free food!! Ha ha ha ha being GF ain't so bad after all is it hee hee hee. Please read on for two  examples of "Gluten Eaters" getting down with GF kids......

Example One

Received a text from a friend of mine this week who has been reading my blog. Liked the look of the Ilumi food so much she has ordered herself some of their soup to take to work!! Woop woop!! Woop woop!!!

Example Two

Udi's muffins come in a pack of two (as mentioned in previous posts) - one toffee flavour and one choc chip flavour.




 As an act of real true love I offered to share my two pack with Dale. Toffee for me, choc chip for him. I'm already a convert but think I may need to hide my other 2 pack as Dale has joined the Udi's crew!! Polished it off a treat and commented that you would never know they were GF!

 BOOM!! Score for the GF world!!!.......just one thing......please don't eat all of our nice GF food cos there won't be any left for us!!!!

Hmmmm the new year posed a little problem for me. How do I go about eating chocolate without consuming all the calories?! Clearly, "not eating chocolate" is NOT an option! So here's my solution...


Aero chocolate mousse! A satisfying chocolate hit and only 90ish calories (depending on the flavour you choose!). Milk chocolate, white chocolate, mint choc chip have all been sampled recently and I love them all! Definitely helping me through my withdrawal from all the Cadbury's Roses / Heroes from Christmas! Please note, these do not state they are GF on the packaging but all the ingredients are ok and they are listed in the Coeliac UK food directory.

I'm still humming "A Whole New World", are you?! Lol, have a feeling it may be going round my head all day! Please don't come complaining to me if you wake up at 2am singing it! Well, I'm off to crank up Take That to get this tune outta my head! Have a great week everyone x

No comments:

Post a Comment