Sunday 27 October 2013

Grazing!

People at work are always fascinated by my constant need to eat throughout the day! If my jaw is working (chewing or chatting...either is fine but NEVER both together !!) then I'm a happy bunny! I generally graze my way through the day and always have a stash of snacks in my desk drawer....some healthier than others but I do try! Therefore, I dedicate this weeks blog to grazing and snacking!

My eyes lit up when a friend at work presented me we these one morning


She obviously is an avid reader of my blog and knows the way to my heart! Bless her, it was actually her birthday and knowing I wouldn't be able to eat her birthday cake she didn't want me to miss out!!! She is now definitely a true Free From Friend! Sainsburys Free From choc chip muffins mmmmmm! They were great, really chocolatey! My only criticism is that they are a little crumbly which left me making a bit of a fool of myself in the staff room!

I finally got round to trying the Newburn Bakehouse white choc & raspberry muffin.


This has long been my favourite muffin flavour, so was keen to try this new GF version! I wasn't disappointed - nice, sweet and cakey but could have been more white chocolatey for me! Hey ho, most if you will know I have a terrible sweet tooth! Therefore, I declare the Newburn Bakehouse morning muffin (full of syrup and calories!) as my new fave GF muffin.....see previous blog posts for mention of this!

Now these have been a great discovery


These are sweet, seedy and filling. One of these bars definitely tides me over to lunch ( well...at least to the next snacking session!) I particularly enjoy the pumpkin flavour but they also do an original and flax seed version too. These aren't located in the Free From section in Sainsburys they are with the other cereal bars however they are separate in Tesco. I have also noticed that they are sold individually in Holland & Barrett, making them perfect (if a little over priced!) for a GF snack on the go.

Guess what Mum found in the pound shop?!


Yep, a GF product......in the pound shop......that almost NEVER happens! GF and only 80 calories per slice.....see I can do low cal sometimes!!! These are great and regularly in my desk drawer. Only problem is, I have to take them into work individually otherwise I'd eat them all! ;0) Metcalfe's are a good brand to look out for as they do flavoured popcorn too. Not sure if all the flavours are GF but some definitely are!

I also regularly snack on dried fruit at work. Now, I know this is a bit of a dodgy area as some dried fruit can be coated in flour. However, I have found most dried fruit in the main supermarkets is usually ok. Nevertheless I was pleased to see this brand in makro


Zeina - cheap and cheerful AND it actually states on the back "Suitable for Coeliacs". Haven't seen this make anywhere other than makro, I'd be interested to know if anyone spots them elsewhere!

I also find the left over fruit for the children's "snack time" comes in handy for grazing on but I'm guessing that won't make an exciting photo to show you....I'll leave it to your imaginations!

Well, let's have a big woooohooooo for half term. I'm heading off to (sunny...I hope) Mallorca for a bit of R & R! Let's see what "sin gluten" delights they have to offer. So with a case bulging with rice cakes, popcorn and chocolate I will say hasta la vista and next time I write I will be Gluten Free Girl in Mallorca! Yey! X










No comments:

Post a Comment