Monday 27 July 2015

AI Survival Tips!

Dale and I have just returned from two weeks All Inclusive at the RIU Paraiso in Lanzarote....."All Inclusive?!" I hear you gasp! Yep, you heard right.....I took my GF life in my hands and stepped once more into the lovely hands of the kind and helpful RIU chain! (http://www.riu.com/en/Paises/spain/lanzarote/clubhotel-riu-paraiso-lanzarote-resort/)

The only All Inclusive holidays we have been on have been to RIU hotels but I am sure there are many other allergy aware chains out there. I have only been glutened once out of 3 visits and that was because I didn't follow my golden rules. So, here they are , the Liz Price survival guide / top tips for a happy AI (All Inclusive) hol!

1. Take snacks.....I took chocolate, rice cakes and raisins! (An odd mix, I'll give you that but only the chocolate was necessary!!)
2. Talk to the restaurant manager ASAP and then approach each sitting with a "don't you know who I am approach!?" 
3. Get to each meal for opening time. This way you may look a keen bean or a greedy pig BUT you will get first pickings before the buffet monsters contaminate everything!
4. Go for plain meats, fish, veg and salads.....avoid sauces like the plague and if food is cooked infront of you all the better!
5. Ask if there are allergy options.....I nearly fell down in shock when I was told that GF bread, pasta, pizza and separately cooked chips could all be available on request! 
6. Bagsie your lounger and chill....!


Meanwhile back in the land of normality, I may have left behind sun, sea, amd laziness behind but I return to...

- Sundried tomato bread from Romeo's GF bakery (www.romeosglutenfreebakery.co.uk) 


which I craftily froze after the Allergy Show! Toasted really well for post hol brekkie!

- Fab Streetfood from places like Boss Hoss (www.bosshossstreetfood.com) and their amazing GF Johnny Cakes found at Spitalfields Market and The School Yard at Broadway Market!


(Chicken, beef and veggie options!)

- And good old micro meals for when Dale is working late and heaven forbid I have to get a pan out of the cupboard!! However, I do spiralize so that must make me nearly a Masterchef contestant right?! Enter Ilumi (www.ilumiworld.com).



 Fan forever, blogged about lots but worth a mention as they have permanent shelf space in our kitchen! I was also excited to hear, at the AlÅ‚ergy Show, of some of the new products they have lined up for later in the year.... (Pot noodle styley things whoop!!)

All of these help to restore the post holiday blues....oh and these....these have helped too...


Happy fortnight everyone! Xx @lizprice79









No comments:

Post a Comment