Sunday 22 March 2015

You Spin Me Right Round Baby...!

It's official....I think I've fallen in love! I FINALLY own my very own kitchen gadget and I love it!!! My spiralizer arrived last weekend. After much ummmming and ahhhhhing I took the leap and I certainly don't regret it......it's even got Dale eating more veg so that can't be bad eh?! I went for a Westmark model from Amazon and I think we've probably had out money's worth just this week! We have spiralized everything in sight and here are the results....

Courgetti- pan fried for a few mins with Loyd Grossman pasta sauce!



Stir fried courgette and carrot 


Sweet potato baked in the oven (with chicken carbonara!)



Butternut Squash baked in the oven (instead of mash lol!) with Sainsburys Taste the Difference Pork and Herb sausages


Now, we can't be accused of not giving the gadget a fair go can we!? We are both sold on it! My particular faves were the courgetti and the butternut squash but all combos were great! I've been struggling a bit recently with my stomach and have been trying to lay off pasta and rice to see if that helps.....hence the spiralizing!!! Here's hoping I start to see the benefits soon!

Anyway, enough of the spiralizing....

Other things that have been getting me into a spin recently (see what I did there!?!) are these 


These appeared on my desk at work the other week and it'd have been rude not to dig right in! As with all Skinny Metcalfe's (www.metcalfesskinny.com) these are dangerously addictive and go a long way to help relieve the 4.00pm munchies! They come in a range of flavours (I have sampled the cheese ones too) and can fully recommend! Keep the snacks coming Skinny Metcalfe's!

I made my bi annual venture into the kitchen last weekend and rustled up a little cheesecake for Mothers's Day! I would love to tell you it was calorie free as well as Gluten Free but that's sadly not the case! It was amazing even if I do say so myself! Found it on a random Facebook link which I can't seem to copy on to here! Nevertheless, it was a lethal combination of Philadelphia Cadbury Chocolate flavour, whipped cream and Aero Mint, you'll get the picture!!



Finally a little GF shout out to Buckle and Vaughan (www.buckleandvaughan.com) in Winchmore Hill. No GF menu but knowledgeable staff who were happy to advise (and an open kitchen so I could observe!!!!). 


Beautifully cooked chicken kebab and salad.....sadly not spiralized but hey, I can forgive them for that!

Well, on that note I will leave you for another fortnight! Get spiralizing people it's sooooo much fun! Have a great fortnight! (@lizprice79) xx








No comments:

Post a Comment