Sunday 28 December 2014

Limbo

Hey, Merry Christmas.......or is it Happy New Year.......er.....ahhhh, well it's kinda a limbo period isn't it?! Christmas overindulgence and merriment over with and now gearing up for round two later this week! Anyway, I hope you all had a fun packed, gluten free Christmas! I left you on a GF cliffhanger at the end of my last blog and I bet you've been on the edge of your seat all through Christmas just wondering how the Aero Mint Bubble cake turned out?! Well let me put you out of your misery.... Ta daaaaa...


Yep, it's meant to look like that...honestly! Soooo easy and sooooo good! Thank you very much to @bakingqueen74 (www.bakingqueen74.co.uk) for her amazing recipe. (I just replaced the flour with Doves Farm GF flour). I can't wait to try some of her other slow cooker recipes from her blog!

To be honest, I don't want to blog about Christmas too much. We all know how fab Mrs Crimbles stuffing is and Marks and Spencer's do amazing GF party food etc etc so I thought it best to stick to new stuff! 

Disaster struck when Sainsburys sold out of The Black Farmer sausages.....on a whim I braved the Waitrose pre Christmas crowds to see what I could find and I must say I was plesantly surprised!

Have you heard of The Good Little Sausages from The Good Little Company (www.goodlittlecompany.com)? No, neither had I but as well as making delicious "normal" GF sausages, they also work with Christan Aid. Therefore, for every pack you buy someone in a developing country is given the means to grow their own meal every day for 2 weeks! Worth checking out eh?! I forgot to take a photo though so you'll have to look on the website! (Sorry!! I made the website bold for you instead lol!)

I also found these


.....never heard of Musk's either (where have I been living?!) (www.musks.com). These were quickly fried up for a Christmas Eve blow out


and they certainly did the job! Good texture (fairly coarse for all you sausage connoisseurs!), quite peppery in taste! All in all, I will be visiting Waitrose again in the near future!!

You may remember a while ago I wrote about how thrilled my Mum was at the prospect of creatingher famous   trifle using Savoiardi "lady fingers" bought from Freego (www.freego.com). I can confirm the trifle was a big hit and the GF lady fingers successfully fooled all the family! Didn't crumble, didn't go soggy....everything you could hope for and more!


Ok, ok, not an appealing pic (it looked so pretty in the cut glass bowl) but I wanted you to see some of the sponge.....it's in there...trust me!!

Dale and I paid a little visit to Winterville (www.winterville.co.uk) in Victoria Park near Bethnal Green. It was awash with trendy street food stalls but sadly lacking in much (obvious) GF food. Nevertheless, I had a bowl of rather tasty veggie paella from @paellaandtapas


It was a very welcome, warm, hearty meal on a cold evening!

Buzzing from the glorious success of the Aero slow cooker cake I decided to turn my hand to the necessary, seasonal gingerbread house. I'll leave you to make your own decisions about how it went....


What WOULD Mary Berry say lol!?

Anywaaaaaaay, I wish you all a very Happy New Year and I'll see you all again in 2015!!!!!! Xx (@lizprice79)












2 comments:

  1. Haha! Loving the ginerbread house...especially the look on the gingerbread man's face! Lol! It's more than I attempted over Christmas, I can tell you that much. Glad to see how the Aero cake turned out - looks like it would be AMAZING with some sort of alcoholic cream....mmmm...!! Anyway, hope you had a great Christmas and that your new year is off to a roaring start. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! what a disaster eh ha ha!! I have already bought the cookie cutters to make a star cookie tree next year! Can't fault my enthusiasm lol! The Aero cake was fab and very easy ooo yes, I bet that would work really well!
    I had a lovely Christmas and hope you did too! Happy new year! :0)

    ReplyDelete