Sunday 16 November 2014

Schadenfreude

Schadenfreude.....to gain pleasure from someone elses mis fortune! Last week my scadenfredeous (ok, I made that one up!!) experience came in the shape of two Udi's (www.udisglutenfree.co.uk) sliced white loaves! Yep, that's right, I'm easily pleased! The unfortunate thing.....my friend from work had purchased said loaves for her "egg free" son only to get get home to find a sticker stating the bread was no longer egg free! Annoying for her but fortunate for me coz they came my way!

I gave the loave some vigorous testing! Toast.....


Ham sarnie for lunch......


.....and I'm pleased to report I'm seriously impressed! Can't believe I haven't tried this before, especially as I'm fan of their bagels! Most impressive thing was that it lasted really well, I didn't freeze it for a few days and it was still as good as new! White bread is not the healthiest of choices, I know,  but for those occasional situations where only white bread will do....this is your guy!

I'm such a sucker for a special offer, in fact I am am advertisers dream! So, I was well and truly sucked in to entering a competition to win a Freego (www.freego.com) hamper. After entering the competition I got sent a voucher for money off my first Freego order, sooo...can you see where this is going?! 

Here's my order...!!

For those of you who don't know Freego is a cool little company who deliver a range of Freefrom products direct to your door. The phrase "kid in a sweet shop" comes to mind and I quicky cranked up a large bill! Well done to the Freego advertising department lol! Super impressed with the products on offer, the delivery time and the packaging. Lots of things that I hadn't seen before! Haven't tried everything yet but here's the low down so far.....

My faves by far have to be these



Yep, I know they're meant for kids but they are great! (www.smooze.co.uk) I'm particularly loving the "simply coconut" flavour, they are so sweet and creamy it's hard to believe there's no nasties in them! Really hit the spot after dinner when you want something sweet but you know another choc ice isn't a good idea!



We needed new pasta so I ordered a couple of brands. Have only tried this one (www.dialcos.it) so far but it's nice, made with corn flour and rice flour and.... it kinda tastes like pasta so I guess that's good!? Little tip .....Cook for longer than than the 8-9 mins stated....there's "Al dente" and there's "not cooked", so I'd give it a bit longer!

We all know I'm a rice cake fan and if they can come chocolate coated all the better!


These were good, probably not my fave choc rice cakes as the milk chocolate still tasted quite bitter to me (that's probably due to it being a good quality chocolate for a more refined chocolate eating palate than my own!!). Neverthess, not unpleasant and if you like fancy chocolate these could be for you. (www.elementsnacks.com)

Next was a little gamble


Ooooo I really didn't like these! (www.itsu.com) I couldn't even convince Dale to eat them! However, in their defence, we are not fishy / sushi kinda people. These definitely had a salty, seaside taste to them and did absolutely nothing for me! But if fish, sushi or any other acqatic animal floats your boat then these could be for you!

Most exciting purchase has to go to these (www.piacerimediterranei.it)


I haven't tried them yet but they have made my mum a very happy lady! Christmas 2014 will see the traditional family trifle being made with GF lady fingers! Oh yes, spongeless trifle has had its day!!! Watch out for early 2015 blog post with a full review!!!

As much as I would like to end with that nail biting cliff hanger, I do just want to share one last thing with you. Not ordered from Freego (more Freego items in future blog posts- I can only eat so quickly!!) but bought from the fabulous Cookies and Scream in Camden! (www.cookiesandscream.com) Yes, I've blogged about them before but come on, they're worth shouting (or screaming?!) about!! Dale brought me 2 treats home from his trip to Camden


This may well have an official name but apparently it's a brownie with a cookie in the middle! Oh yes, it really exists, a brookie or a crownie or whatever it is.......I don't need to say anymore than....wow! I'm sure you can guess how amazing it was! As for the second treat it didn't last long enough to have its picture taken but if I tell you it was the biggest, chocolatyist, most gooey cookie you've seen you'll understand why I didn't hang around to take the pic! Cookies and Scream I love you! 

Have a fab fortnight everyone! Xx (@lizprice79)












2 comments:

  1. I've heard of Freego but have never actually given them a try before. Every year for my birthday, I used to order a small box of treats from Lifestyle but since they disappeared, maybe this is the way to (Free)go instead?

    P.S - your blog will be the death of me! Every time I read it I have to add another place to the list of places to go next time I make it to London. I'll have to go for a weekend to get everywhere I want to go! Haha! Funnily enough though, I literally finished reading about Cookies and Scream a few minutes before I read your post, so it was good to see what an actual product by them looks like.

    Thanks for another great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, have to say I've been impressed with Freego. Still working my way through my order but will definitely order again! I hope they keep adding new products!
    Lol, I'm such a bad influence ha ha! Cookies and Scream is a must...put their ice cream sandwich on your wish list!!
    Thanks again for commenting :0)

    ReplyDelete