Sunday 7 September 2014

It's my Birthday & I'll GF if I want to!

So, yesterday was my birthday! I have now passed the hump of the 30's and have begun hurtling towards fabulous forty! On this weekend last year, I decided to finally enter into the cyber century.....I began learning now to use my Twitter account and dipped my Gluten Free toe into the world of blogging! I posted my first "Gluten Free Girl in London" post with the intention of keeping a weekly food diary of the highs (and lows!) of Gluten Free eating. I was determined to post weekly (just to see of I could do it!) and apart from a week in July,when I was in New York, I have just about managed to pull it off! So, if you have read all, some or just one of my previous posts...THANK YOU! If you have tweeted me, re tweeted me or written comments.....THANK YOU again! I have soooooo loved the feedback, "chatting" to new people and learning about your GF experiences too......THANK YOU, I really appreciate it! Well, enough of the emotional ramblings and on with this weeks post.....

Birthday celebrations mean one thing right?! If your answer is "cake", then we are friends for life.....me and you are on the same GF wavelength! I've eaten lots of cake!!! I finally, finally, finally got to go to Vozar's in Brixton Village Market ( http://vozars.co.uk) for my birthday lunch!


I've always been one of those people who are a little behind the latest craze, dunno why, just one of those things I guess. In a similar way I have heard rumblings on Twitter about the fabulousness of Vozars! I've read many a Tweet from fellow GF's about great lunches, cakes, beers all from this entirely GF haven! So, at last....behind everyone else......I made it!! And guess what? It was worth the wait!


Here is my chicken strip burger with guacamole in a brioche bun.....do I need to say anymore?! Wow! All GF, bursting with flavour, piping hot, great hand cut chips (didn't make it to picture I'm afraid!) all served by really friendly staff! Did I have cake? What do you think?!


It was a difficult decision and one that required a little thinking time. Did I want to splash my calories on chocolate cake, brownie, Victoria sponge or any other of the amazing cakes on offer.....finally decided on white choc and coconut and wasn't disappointed! Did I feel sick afterwards? Yep! But nothing to do with the lovely food just my age old condition called "eyes bigger than belly"! This was absolutely worth the trip to the end of the Victoria line and we will be aiming to go back (hopefully for dinner) very soon!

As we were in Brixton it would have been rude not to have investigated the market further. I was glad I did because nestled in amongst vintage clothes and CD stalls was "Scoff" (www.scoffsweets.co.uk). I happily sampled the white choc and raspberry fudge and quickly purchased a little birthday treat!


Sadly, by the time I had carried it round in my sweaty bag for the rest of the day it had turned into one massive chuck of fudge.....I'm not complaining though! It's still delicious and I fear it won't be lasting much longer.....well, I don't want it to melt anymore do it?!

Speaking of little birthday treats....I picked up my new car yesterday! Not normally something I would share with you on my foodie blog but I had to laugh when I saw the reg....I promise it was not planned but this car must have been made for me!!!!


Anywaaaaaay......

Continuing with the market theme, I wonderd if any of you had tried these from Borough Market?


Court Lodge (http://www.courtlodgeorganics.co.uk) drinking yogurt. I was having a serious milkshake craving and can never remember off hand which frappe/ smoothie/ shakes I can have from which chain store, so was pleased to stumble across this! Not quite a milkshake but certainly on the right track. It was cold, smooth, fruity and creamy....I was happy! I just need to stock up next time I'm in Borough!

Well, I'm off for a bit of birthday cake! It's ok to continue eating specified birthday cake throughout the whole of the birthday weekend isn't it?! You won't read me next week as I'm planning on going fortnightly from now on....who knows it may encourage me to eat less cake?! (who am I kidding!!) Have a good couple of weeks everyone and thanks again for the support! (@lizprice79) xx








4 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had an amazing one!

    Never heard of Vozars - I feel so very out of the loop in Dorset! - and don't even know where Brixton is, but the food looks amazing. And that cake?! Such a novel way of doing it. I really like that.

    P.S - the car made me laugh a lot!! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks! Sorry for the delay in replying, my ipad kept freezing everytime I tried to respond!!! Argh technology eh?! Vozars was fab...if you're ever up this way...?? Cake is always (ALWAYS!!) good!! ;0) as for the car...what can I say lol! Certainly made me laugh!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Will definitely try it if I make it up to London again. If not before then, I suspect for the Allergy Show next year...!

      Delete
  3. That is a very happy birthday, indeed. It seems that you did everything you wanted on that special day, and you really deserve it. Anyway, that GF in your car's reg plate is such a cute coincidence. Hahaha! Anyway, your new car looks awesome and really matches you. I hope you enjoy many adventures with it. Thanks for sharing that! All the best to you!

    Byron Walters @ Bob Dunn Subaru

    ReplyDelete