Sunday 6 July 2014

Can't Eat Quick Enough!

The are certain things in this GF life that are just plain hard to deal with. I don't mean all the predictable feeling grotty health stuff.....that's a given yeah? What I mean is the pain of the the realisation of never eating a Mars Bar again, never enjoying "the lighter way to eat chocolate" again (Maltesers...just incase you live in a cave and haven't seen the ad) and also never devouring the ultimate comfort food of real cheese on toast again. However, Tiger Tiger seem to have come some way to helping out my food troubles. They may not have developed a GF Mars Bar but they have made a delicious Worcester Sauce.....the perfect zingy addition to my sub standard cheese on toast!



Yep, there is light at the end of the tunnel! (Please ignore slightly excessive selection of plum tomatoes, they needed eating ok?! ) 

Rumour has it that the fabulous Tiger Tiger also make a brown sauce! Finally my GF bacon sarnie will be complete.....I just need to find some now!

As many of you will know, I have "issues" with potatoes, making snacking on crisps quite problematic! However, the lovely people at Tyrrell's produce these


Soooo good to be able to have something "crisp like" without running the risk of raging stomach ache! The only problem is that they are so moreish I ate half a bag without realsing!! Oooops!

My friend and I ate out at Deserie in Cockfosters last week (13-14 Cockfosters Parade. No website). I ate here a few times in my past gluten filled life but had not been back since being GF. The staff were great, answered all my questions and had a good understanding of my needs. I ordered pork and chicken kebab with salad. Thankfully, the waiter stopped me from having the rice as it it cooked with vermicelli noodles!


Delicious food, friendly and helpful service...I will definitely be going back!

So I gave you a week off from the "Ilumi Love" last week but I'm back on it this week. Scarily, Dale is eating more Ilumi food than I am now as he has discovered they are handy to take to work! This week Dale sampled the Chicken Massaman Curry which was a bit hit


and the Mediterranean Rice with Pork and Chorizo.....this was an even bigger hit!


I had a go at the fairly new Peppery Tuscan Style Beef Stew


It was certainly peppery but then I guess the clue is in the name! Probably good for a cold winters night as I had quite a rosey glow eating it during the warm weather this week! Nevertheless, it is just as delicious as you would expect with all Ilumi meals!

I also enjoyed sampling the new Ilumi Coronation Chicken at The Allergy and Free From Show yesterday! Mum and I were won over and I can't wait to order some! Yesterday really was my dream day out! Does it get any better than sampling a lemon muffin, followed by a hot crumpet, still swallowing the last bit of thin crust pizza and then having an Ilumi sample pot shoved in your hand!! Yep, I was in my element...I couldn't eat quick enough lol!!

If you live in a parallel universe and haven't heard of The Allergy and Free From Show...GO!!! It's the first weekend in July at Olympia next year...put it in your diary now!! 


As well as all the lovely samples (have I mentioned the samples before?!) it's a great place to try new brands/ products, meet like minded people, get some great offers....oh and there are some samples too!! 

Here is my little stash of goodies from the show....


I can't wait to get stuck in and of course, I will be blogging about them all!! Well, I've got some eating to do so I'll be off! Have a good week everyone! (lizprice79)









No comments:

Post a Comment