Sunday 20 December 2015

Oh Queso It's Christmas

Nothing like a little Christmas play on words eh?! Forgive me, I'm a poor, brain dead teacher who is clearly mildly amused by the cheesy, Christmassy theme of this weeks blog!

I do love a weird cheese and Christmas seems to be the season they all come out (don't know why, surely cheese is for life right...not just for Christmas!!?) Anyway, hurrah for Sainsbury's who have a great selection of festive cheese, many of which are gf, hurrah, hurrah!

 

Don't judge me by my cheese selection! Regular readers will know I have a super sweet tooth so both of these are a big winner! My Mum would say they would be great with a bit of Christmas cake (It's a Yorkshire thing?!) Personally, I think they jazz up a corn cake no end!

I'm really enjoying the newly re vamped Enfield Market (www.enfieldmarket.co.uk) and was excited to discover The Urban Cheesemaker (Wildes Cheese www.wildescheese.co.uk) who makes cheese just up the road in Tottenham. We bought some of the milder variety which was recommended for use in Mexican cooking!


Faster than you could say "Queso" we had combined our cheese with The Cool Chile Company's tacos! (www.coolchile.co.uk) Delicioso!


Pre rolling.....clearly need to work on my crumbling action but delicious nonetheless!

Having missed out on all Christmas "do's" this year, we went with some friends to The Brookmans (www.thebrookmanspub.co.uk), in Brookmans Park. I have always been impressed with their gf selections and I wasn't disappointed this year. They had prepared a highlighted menu for me, showing me everything I could eat, they even had a gf trifle! (Which I sadly couldn't eat due to pears and nuts but hey it was good to have the option!) I opted for a great lamb dish


and I'm not even a big lamb fan! If you're ever in their neck of the woods I can recommend a visit!

Now, back to my sweet tooth! This might be a bit much for some but ooooo, I'm a fan!


Not for the faint hearted but if you're like me then you will enjoy this sugar overload! 

Finally, if you're tucking into Turkey curry on Boxing Day and your waist band is starting to bulge you might be interested to try this


Might help you to beat the bulge?! (www.caulirice.com) Yes, you can make your own but if you can't be bothered with blitzing a cauli (whilst stuffing the turkey and steaming the pud), this is a great cheat. Two different flavours available in Asda and definitely worth keeping in the cupboard!

Well, on that note I would like to wish you all a happy, healthy and gluten free Christmas and new year! See you on the other side! Xx (@lizprice79)






No comments:

Post a Comment