Sunday 22 November 2015

I Want to Break Free...!!

As I legged it out of my 40min, frustrating dietician appointment with my full size, double finger Twirl shoved in my mouth, I couldn't help humming this weeks title tune! Yeah Ms Dietician I'm eating a Twirl.... Didn't put THAT in my food diary did I?! Pah! Whatcha gonna do about that then?! I am officially FODMAP free, so long sucker, those days are over!! After much mutual eye rolling, nervous laughter and awkward silences it was agreed that FODMAP was not my thing and that Ms Dietician would need to consult with some colleagues about what to do with me next! In a nutshell, she doesn't have a clue! She's lovely, we get on but....but she doesn't have a Scooby Doo what to do with me now! Watch this space I guess......in the meantime, the Twirl was just the tip of the iceberg......I've gone 'all out' in my first FODMAP free week!

The lady wants pie......and pie she had!


Genius (www.geniusglutenfree.com) chicken pie went down a storm. Comforting for these chilly nights! Much preferred to the steak pie as the meat was more plentiful. Even more exciting has been the discovery that I can now eat re heated potato....gasp! Dunno where that came from but frozen chips and crisps are back on the menu! These McCains (www.mccain.co.uk) Gorgeous Chips are exactly what they say on the packet! A gorgeous combination!

As I was Christams shopping in Lakeland I spotted this little treat


Most of you will know Joe and Seph (www.joeandsephs.co.uk) as the masters of popcorn so this is a nice little side step! I could easily devour this with a spoon but I am working hard to ration it out! On ice cream is my current fave  (back to my usual dairy ice cream woohoo!!)


It may not be pretty but I don't care! I'm never going to be on Masterchef but it did taste good! The biscuits by the way are from Eskal (www.eskalfoods.com) from Freego (www.freego.com).

I received one of my fave Coeliac compliments yesterday.....is that roll gluten free?! It doesn't look it!! Hey, it almost makes you feel proud doesn't it! Yes, my sandwich isn't quite as hideous as you expected it to look! The roll in question is this one.....


....and it was actually very good! Waitrose gluten free seeded rolls. Tasty, held together well and made a pretty normal sandwich! Scared about how long they will last though so shoved the rest in the freezer quick!

Finally, I have recently discovered Home Bargains (www.homebargains.co.uk). It seems that if you time your visit right there are gluten free bargains to be had! Picked these up recently,


Clear labelling is always a bonus! After swearing to never eat a rice cake again (FODMAP overload), it turns out a little chocolate coating makes everything ok!

Well, I'm off to re discover my old Non FODMAP eating ways! Have a great fortnight everyone! Xx (@lizprice79)





No comments:

Post a Comment