Sunday 28 June 2015

I Wanna Be POP-ular!

Today's blog post is dedicated to two of my great loves.....Wicked the Musical and popcorn! Both can be enjoyed in equal amounts but NEVER together!! Crunching your way through one of the greatest theatre productions of all time is most certainly not a cool thing to do!! I have been know to glare / shush/ tut etc at the offending theatre fools! You have been warned!! So, if you're a Wicked fan I'm sure you will already be humming along to my title and if you're a popcorn fan read on my fellow gluten free Ozians!

My all time favourite regular sweet and salty popcorn has to be Drum and Kernel (www.drumandkernelpopcorn.co.uk).


These people truly are the masters of all things popcorn related. No trip to Broadway Market is complete without a medium sized bag for Sunday night film night!

However, if you are looking for something more adventurous on the flavour front or maybe something you can get from the supermarket, how about some of these gluten free treats.....

Propercorn (www.propercorn.com)


Says fiery and wow it certainly is. I'm still trying to be convinced about savoury popcorn but this was a real winner, as well as being a little life saver during my recent Welsh adventures! Great for GF snacking! Also, the coconut and vanilla is a must for the summer. It smells divine and tastes just as good. I ration my popcorn intake (shocking I know!!) so, a large bag will be eeked out over three days of snacking! It's all very precise! However, this served the dual purpose of not overindulging AND my kitchen smelled coconutty and of holidays for 3 days!! Fab!! Bring on the sun cream!


I've blogged about "Pity Presents" before. If you're not familiar with the post let me explain..... Pity Presents are one of the small bonuses to living with a restrictive diet! Friends and family feel so sad for you (especially on those buffet days / someone brings cake into work days etc) that they kindly cheer you up with little gifts of safe treats! Sooooo kind and I'm always soooo greatful!

Anyway, I was presented with this the other day (www.tyrellscrisps.co.uk)


Lemon cupcake!!! I kid you not!! Quite sweet which is not a problem for me!! I'm definitely a fan! My friend at work sent me a picture of this 


which she has bought for me to try this week! Watch this space and I'll let you know how I get on!

Pretty sure this was a Pity Present too (I must look like I need feeding up ha ha!!)


Another fave!!  (www.metcalfesfood.com) Again it's sweet but if sweet is up your street you'll enjoy this! If sweet isn't your thing you might like these little discoveries I found in Waitrose



Nice alternative to crisps and even I like to mix up the sweet and savoury sometimes!!

Finally, a gluten free popcorn post would not be complete without Joe and Seph's (www.joeandsephs.co.uk). They are definitely appeal to the the treat/ posh / deluxe end of the market. I was delighted to receive a box of different flavours as part of my Christmas present from Dale.


The flavours are amazing.....cheese on toast, strawberry shortcake, white chocolate and caramel, mozzarella and tomato just to name a few. I still prefer the sweet flavours but the savoury ones are great too. They come in fancy re sealable bags (if you can stop yourself from eating the whole bag in one sitting). However, I was a little disappointed that some of the unopened bags had gone soft despite being writhin the Best Before date. I thought the fancy packaging might have prevented this. I guess the lesson is don't wait....eat straight away!! Maybe that's a good general lesson for life anyway ha ha!!

Well, that's the end of my poptastic post. Wishing you all a lovely fortnight! Xx (@lizprice79)











1 comment:

  1. Wow all those flavours sound fab. Will have to hunt some of those down. Have you tried Retro Corn? (yes i'm singing along to Popular now too) x

    ReplyDelete