Sunday 19 October 2014

Pity Presents

One of the perks of being a Coeliac (let's face it, there aren't many!) is the amount of foodie presents I have received from family and friends! Maybe I'm blessed with particularly generous and sympathetic friends but as I've said before.....presents are always good and edible presents are even better!! (Particularly if they are actually GF!) Or, maybe it's the sorrowful puppy dog eyes I give them when they are tucking into communal birthday cake / doughnuts / pizza etc etc! Or maybe it's because I look like I'm wasting away and need a little fattening up?! (Clearly not true...You've seen how many blog posts are dedicated to cake right?! ) Nevertheless my friends / family are fab and I'm forever finding little GF treats left for me to find! This week was no exception..... Here is example 1....


Here we have an Udi's (http://udisglutenfree.co.uk) chocolate muffin! Now, I was familiar with the Udi's two pack (1 toffee, 1 choc chip) but I had not seen these before. Still in a 2 pack but both the same and both delicious! Delivered by a friend at work who was having a birthday and didn't want me to be left out! Yep....she's a keeper! The muffin was great, chocolatey enough without being too rich and held together really well. Good job it was a 2 pack cos I needed the other to get me through Parents Eve!!

Example number 2....


Regular readers will know I'm partial to a packet of popcorn so this was definitely the way to my heart.....left on my desk by same friend!! Told you she was a keeper ha ha! Metcalfe's (www.metcalfesskinny.com) do some great flavours and at the moment donations are being made to charity.......that's me doing my bit for charideeee......easier than running a marathon eh?! 

I came home to find a packet of Newburn Bakehouse (www.newburnbakehouse.com) white soft rolls waiting for me the other day! Daly had made burgers and took pity of my "non bun situation" so treated me!! (I clearly give off the pity vibe.....it seems to be working for me so hey, why not?!). Anyway, the aforementioned rolls come in a 4 pack and were great for my packed lunch the next day


I was actually quite impressed! I've had mixed feelings with Newburn Bakehouse items....loaves of bread not so good (don't last, fall apart, can be holey), muffins great but think they may have stopped some of them now (is that right??), love the wraps (plain and seeded but a little expensive) but these rolls were good! They didn't fall apart, tasted pretty much like white bread and weren't too stodgy! All good!

Finally a little treat I purchased for myself....


Crunch by name and cruch by nature (www.angelocglutenfree.co.uk) Super snappy and tasty too! Strangely tasted more like cherry to me which was a bit of a shame coz I don't like cherry! Nevertheless, I like the texture so much I'd definitely be up for trying some of the other flavours (a little "heads up" for anyone who next takes pity on me lol!)

Well, I shall wish you a "foodie gift filled" fortnight! I am heading off to Mallorca for Half Term and will look forward to telling you all about it when I get back! (@lizprice79) xx






2 comments:

  1. Until I began reading your blog, I thought I had tried almost every gf item out there...but every time you post about things I've never even come across and I leave hungry! Haha! That muffin looks amazing and I now have to get myself out of the house to locate some. Damn you!!!! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! sorry about that! I can sniff out every GF goodie within a 20 mile radius ha ha! Happy hunting! :0)

    ReplyDelete